"THE MEMORY OF JESUS IS BOTH SACRED AND SUBVERSIVE"
Friday, 27 November 2015
WHY DOES THE POPE BRING WORDS AND NOT MONEY?
Pope Francis waves to local residents as he drives to St Joseph The Worker Catholic Church in the Kangemi slum of Nairobi, Kenya
Pope Francis denounced the conditions slum-dwellers are forced to live in
Pope Francis denounced the conditions slum-dwellers are forced to live in today, saying that access to safe water is a basic human right and that everyone should have dignified, adequate housing.
Francis insisted on access to a basic sewage system, rubbish collection, electricity as well as schools, hospitals and sport facilities during a visit to the Kangemi slum on Nairobi’s north western edge.
I AM SURE WE ALL AGREE WITH POPE FRANCIS THAT THE POOR SHOULD HAVE THE NECESSITIES OF LIFE.
BUT WHY HAS POPE FRANCIS GONE TO AFRICA WITH MERE WORDS?
WHY DID HE NOT BRING SOME OF THE VATICAN MONEY AND WEALTH WITH HIM TO GIVE TO THOSE POOR?
And please don'y give me the nonsense that the Pope owns nothing personally and therefore has nothing to give.
Just read, as I have this week, Gianluigi Nuzzi's newly published book: MERCHANTS IN THE TEMPLE and you will clearly see that the Vatican and those in it are rich beyond imagining.
You will learn that:
1. The Vatican Bank had to block a credit card belonging to Archbishop Georg Ganswein (Pope Benedict's partner) that contained a large sum of money!
Bennie and Georgie
2. That in recent years the Vatican had become a SAINT MAKING FACTORY that had made millions of euros by canonising saints. One lay Vatican official had been paid Euros 40,000 as an "initial payment" for starting to make someone a saint.
3. Vatican cardinals used to being driven in expensive limousines were hiding those limos in garages and were seen in Fiat Pandas.
4. Many cardinals were demanding apartments that had waiting rooms; television rooms, bathrooms, reception rooms, tea rooms and libraries and paying no rent.
5. When Cardinal Pell took over the Vatican finances he discovered, at first glance, Euros 94 million in accounts that were not accounted for.
6. 27,000 people in Rome had cards to but tax free petrol at the Vatican.
7. The Vatican shop sold tobacco products to 11,000 customers many of whom exceeded their allowance of 80 cartons (800 packets a year ). Are there cardinals and priests in the Vatican smoking 310 cigarettes a week ?
Vatican Silk Cigarette Card - Pope Pius X
8. A check on Vatican properties revealed that the Vatican owned seven times more property around the world that is listed in its books and accounts.
9. The Vatican owns property around Europe worth Euros 591 million.
10. The St Peter's Square Christmas tree in Rome costs Euros 500,000.
11. That there are several bank accounts belonging to DEAD POPES with vast amounts of money flowing through them - 20, 30 and 40 years after those popes are dead. I could go on and on. Read Nuzzi's book for yourself. It is based on leaked Vatican documents and taped meetings - some of Pope Francis himself.
ALL I WANT TO SAY IT - WITH ALL THIS MONEY WHY DOES FRANCIS ONLY BRING WORDS TO THE WORLD'S STARVING, THIRSTY, SICK, POOR AND HOMELESS ???