ITS THE PRIESTS WHO ARE DESTROYING CATHOLICISM
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH TODAY IS BEING DESTROYED NOT BY "OUTSIDERS" BUT BY ITS OWN PRIESTS AND BISHOPS!
On one occasion Napoleon Bonparte told a Roman cardinal that he was going to destroy the Church of Rome.
The cardinal replied: "You will not succeed - we priests have been trying to do that for 1800 years".
The cardinal was right - and his words are more true today than ever.
What kinds of priests and bishops are destroying the Catholic Church today? Those priests and bishops are:
1. The many priests and bishops who do not really believe in God but who are in the "job" for a comfortable life and prestige.
2. The many priests and bishops who never pray and are never seen to pray.
3. The many priests and bishops who abuse sexually, physically, mentally and emotionally.
4. The many priests and bishops who live in palatial bishop's palaces and presbyteries and live FIVE STAR lifestyles.
5. The many "straight" bishops and priests who pretend to be CELIBATE and who have both live in and live out girlfriends - and occasionally even children.
6. The many "gay" priests who pretend to be CELIBATE but who have live in and live out boyfriends and who cruise gay cruising areas and who go in groups of gay holidays.
THE CURRENT CATHOLIC PRIESTHOOD IS PRIMARILY A GAY PROFESSION.
7. The many priests and bishops who regard their life as a "profession" instead of a vocation to serve.
8. The many priests and bishops who are only in their dioceses and parishes on Sundays and special occasions and who spend the rest of their time on the golf course, travelling or wining and dining in each other's houses on in the houses of rich parishioners.
9. The many priests and bishops who are aloof from their people - the priests and bishops Pope Francis referred to who DO NOT have the "smell of the sheep about them".
10. The young priests coming out of seminaries now who not at all interested in pastoral work bit who are only interested in each other, clerical clothing, fine vestments and lace albs and surplices.
11. The young priests who are coming out of seminary now who are actually quite "thick" and who have no understanding of spirituality, theology, philosophy or pastoral care.
Ordinary Catholics are looking on at all these so called bishops and priests and finding them hypocritical, immature, superficial, un-spiritual, unlearned, materialistic, sexist, misogynist, faithless, prayer-less and without principle.
I live in the territory covered by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Down and Connor in which there are 150 + priests.
With the exception of Father Des Wilson I cannot think of ONE of them I would go to for spiritual direction, Confession or even the so called "Last Rites".
As the Bible laments:
"THERE IS NEITHER PRIEST OR PROPHET TO PLY HIS TRADE IN THE LAND"
And that's why the Roman Catholic Church (and most churches) are becoming more and more irrelevant !!!