NEWS IS COMING IN FROM ROME SAYING THAT TWO SEMINARIANS AT THE IRISH COLLEGE HAVE BEEN SENT HOME TO IRELAND FOR INVOLVEMENT IN HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITY.
One of the seminarians is the Dublin man Connor Gannon who was taken out of Maynooth by Archbishop Diarmuid Martin because of "strange goings on".
|SEAN FITZPATRICK WITH BISHOP DENIS NULTY OF KILDARE|
This is the latest in a long line of problems like this at The Irish College involving:
- Seminarians accessing porn on computers within the college.
- Seminarians receiving sexualized phone calls from other seminarians in the middle of the night.
- Sexualised notes being put under seminarian's doors.
- Seminarians underpants being stolen from the college laundry.
- Seminarians visiting gay bars and saunas in Rome.
- Seminarians having public sex at venues in Rome.
- Seminarians and priests being beaten and robbed by male prostitutes in Rome.
This is also bad news for Archbishop Diarmuid Martin who moved Connor Gannon and others last year to Rome to get them away from "strange goings on" in Maynooth.
In fact, Diarmuid, with the best of intentions, was moving his seminarians from the frying pan into the fire.
Both Maynooth and The Irish College are totally discredited seminaries.
Maynooth should definitely be closed.
I also wonder if it is possible, at all, to reform The Irish College.
The bigger problem, of course, is the actual homosexualization of the Catholic priesthood.
This is one, if not the greatest, crisis facing the Catholic church in these times.