On January 6th 2017 - the Feast of the Ephiany - the RC incumbent of Armagh, Amy Martin, launched an attack on this Blog by dispatching his highly salaried Safeguarding Officer, Aidan Gordon, to Armagh PSNI (Police Service for Northern Ireland) station to make a formal complaint about a comment on the Blog.
But Amy & Co thought it gave them a chance to attack this Blog and possibly put it out of commission - their effort to silence the Blog's critical approach - and to silence the voices of protest.
I think it was also "payback" for the fact that this Blog brought the Maynooth Grindr scandal to national prominence in the summer of 2016.
Subsequently, I was interviewed "under caution" at Larne PSNI station and told that a file would be sent to the PPS (Public Prosecution Service).
The investigating officers, who treated me with great respect, told me I would hear the outcome within 14 DAYS.
Ten months and 14 days later the investigating officers contacted me today to say that the police and PPS would be taking no action on the complaint and that I would receive confirmation of this in writing in the coming days.
So these questions arise?
1. What kind of thinking did Amy & Co engage in to decide that they would use the police to attack me, the Blog and the Blog readers and supporters?
2. Was this not clearly a waste of police time?
3. Was the decision to use the police Amy's own decision or did he do it in conjunction with "others"?
4. If so, who were those "others"?
5. Why did it take the PPS 10 months and 14 days to arrive at a decision that was expected to be made in 14 days?
6. Was anyone attempting to influence the PPS on the matter?
All in all the whole matter was a petty attempt by Amy and others to silence this Blog and to use the civil authorities to do it for them.
Amy - not your best moment!